Sunday, August 07, 2005

I can't believe they're really going to do this


Incredibly, it seems that MB and Clem are moving forward with their plans to go off to visit MB's family without me.

Several times now, MB has sighed about how much she'll miss me. (Not enough, I suppose, to reverse this awful decision.) She and Clem are talking about chores they want to have done before taking off, one of which is to drop me off at this place where I'll be boarded. They're avoiding eye contact with me.

I bet I don't have Internet access. If memory serves, I'll be left with a toy and one of MB's t-shirts to weep into. No computer, and probably not even a hook-up even if I did take the portable.

If anyone out there is interested in having a buddy over for a few days, I have some pretty cool toys and would be willing to share. I'd bring my favorite ball, and can promise endless fun with you throwing and me retrieving, you throwing again and me retrieving again, you throwing again and me retrieving again, you throwing again and me retrieving again -- well you get the idea.

Please submit your applications to have me as a guest as soon as possible, while there's still time for me to get away. Hint: goat cheese is a big draw for me. If you keep goat cheese in the house, you're a shoe-in. Another plus would the the provision of compacted rawhide bones. In fact, you can rub the goat cheese on the rawhide bones and I won't bug you while you eat supper. Also, while we're having our evening walk, MB typically places a fresh bowl of water in the refrigerator, so that it is nice and cool for me when we come in. She is also in the habit of combing me nightly for fleas (no, of course I don't have any fleas; don't be ridiculous) and administering tummy rubs.

Remember, I'll bring my ball.

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh Troy said...

No worries, Lokey.

The best part about them being away is that you'll forget who they are pretty quickly. You see, your brain is so small - there's just no room for sentimental memories. You should just concentrate on the important life-sustaining tasks of the day, like eating and digging holes.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Lokey said...

Fear not, William. After a second treatment of the yard and a more thorough treatment of the house, I am flea free.

If you knew MB the way I know MB, you would realize that she would ensure I were flea-free before taking me to see anyone. (You seem to have a low estimation of her upbringing). For example, prior to arrival at the place where I boarded, I was given a treatment that killed every flea on my bod'. Since the boarding establishment was itself free of fleas, I neither brought nor "bought" any new ones. MB is clever that way.

The last time I visited your place, long before you were introduced, I was a puppy. I hadn't had the opportunity to interact with a house of people because the only "people" in my house at home was MB. Live and learn.

I understand you are learning to interact with people from the confines of a small room downstairs with no people in it. Good luck with that.

I do appreciate your tip, though, and won't concern myself about making visits to places I am not welcome.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home