Thursday, June 09, 2005

Hardships

My life is not easy. I have talents that are not encouraged, needs that are ignored. Below I've listed only a few of my mistress's more unfortunate attributes:

Disinterest
1. Landscaping work not truly appreciated. Sure, MB says nice things, but I can tell she doesn’t share my vision.

Nagging
2. Every now and then I’ll “blow” my coat, which means that fur can be pulled out in nice, easily removed tufts. I’ll be lying there on the floor peacefully, and MB will start pulling fur and remarking how much there is, how it flies all over the place, how much she has to sweep. The fur doesn't bother me, so I overlook the sweeping issue.

Why does she want to make this my problem, and why not let a sleeping dog lie?

Insensitivity
3. MB has this pattern of communicating with the bird that is irritating, possibly harmful to my ears. The bird will squawk and MB will start singing in this godawful voice that makes an ambulance siren seem mellow and soothing. If I could phone for help I would.

I can sing, too, so I do pipe up on these occasions. MB's response: Laughter. Talk about insensitive.

Stinginess
4. MB is stingy with the goat cheese. When spreading goat cheese on a cracker, she often neglects to spread equal amounts on my bone.

Doesn't "get it."
5. She’s always asking me not to get into the garbage. This is a tiresome request that I routinely ignore. When will she figure out that I like going into the garbage?

There's more, but I don't want to seem like a complainer.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding #3, Lokey, do they have ceiling fans? I know a way to get rid of the bird.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home