Saturday, August 06, 2005

Being taunted by Tal


Sometimes I think there's a price to pay for putting yourself out there for all the world to see. I see it as an opportunity to make friends and share my experiences, but I shouldn't be suprised that my page might inspire envy, and that this envy might manifest itself in feline-type comments. A puppy dawg starts to feel loved and cared for, greets each day with happy anticipation, eagerly checks his blog to see what new friends have dropped by. He forgets that there are two-legged cats out there just waiting to show their claws, Tal.

MB is going on a trip next week. She is going to visit her family, including my uncle Talbot. Guess who doesn't get to go? Is it really because there's "no room at the inn?"

I am troubled by the possibility that MB is afraid that I'll exact some sort of vengeance upon Uncle Tal for his "comments." Yeah, I could do it. Notwithstanding suggestions to the contrary, I can dig a pretty big hole. I could bury Uncle Tal like last week's bone. But see, I don't "visit" people's websites or houses and then insult the host. I would be a good boy.

They'd all see if they'd only let me join them. I promise I wouldn't bring the fleas. I wouldn't chew anyone else's stuff. I wouldn't dig. I wouldn't shed. I wouldn't steal the mutts' toys. I wouldn't beg during cocktail hour (I should say hours), and I wouldn't stick my head through the railing and growl at them from the top of the stairs.

I wouldn't pee on Talbot's suitcase and then act like it was an honest mistake, or confiscate his tennis racket and make adjustments to the frame; I wouldn't get up on his bed and roll around and then leap off in shameless delight while he screamed in outrage, and I wouldn't then scamper away before he could do anything about it. I wouldn't sigh loudly when he is telling one of his interminable stories.

MB says it's just that the house will be very crowded and that I shouldn't read anything else into the fact that I am being left behind in a cold, impersonal purgatory while she's gone.

Sure, MB. You and Uncle Tal just have fun without me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Talbot Troy said...

But, don't you see, Lokey, now that you have such a nice blog, we can easily keep up with you and your thoughts, even while we are deprived of your company.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home