Wednesday, March 29, 2006

REGGIE


Reggie was a friend and near-relation I never got to meet. She was in charge of a household in California, the one containing my cousins, Willa and Talia. We made cyber-acquaintance when she contributed to my blog on a post about the girls' visit here in North Carolina. I think she appreciated that while they were out of her sight, there was a dedicated dog on the job, looking after their interests. I couldn't really substitute for the attention Reggie would have given, but I did lick and paw and jump on them. It is possible that in our brief time together, the girls came to appreciate Reggie more than ever.

MB knew Reggie and visited her a couple of times in Los Angeles. She said it was an honor to rub Reggie's tummy, and that giving Reg' strokes and tummy-rubs was a tonic for homesickness.

This post is to salute Reggie, who has passed on to more ethereal responsibilities. MB and I are very sad about her departure, but we will remember her with affection and respect.

P. S. This is a picture of Reggie scratching her back on the grass. It is not, contrary to some viewer suggestions, a picture of her in her last moments, or after her last moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home